Monday, March 15, 2010

Wedding in Florence

When my wife and I decided to get married in Italy, immediately I picked Florence. Not only for the art and architecture, but for Vittorio. Finally, my soon-to-be wife would meet the man who had such an impact in my life. It was the 2nd of May in 2002, and we were married in the Palazza Vecchio. Walking to my wedding--down the Via dei Calzaioli--alone in my tuxedo to the smiles and cheers of Italians passing by was a thrill of a lifetime. After the ceremony, Vittorio remarked to me, "Jesse... I want you to know that I must like you a lot to come to this ceremony, well, yes it's not in a church, but still I do not feel very comfortable." I was honored indeed. What a day!

(Note: make sure and click "Read more" below to see all the photos)




Monier Barakat talking to Vittorio and Caroline before the ceremony

Inside the Palazza Vecchio

Caroline & Vittorio in there home/studio in Florence

Monier w/Caroline & Vittorio

Vittorio w/my Dad. They first met in New York sometime around '94 and wrote to each other a few times over the years. My father saved every letter and held Vittorio in very high regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment